Safer Cycling Tips For Cyclist
As bicycle is the most popular and widely used non-motorized vehicle, a cyclist should know the traffic rules. Almost 40 percent of injuries & fatalities of cyclists happen to children below 16 years. Never learn cycling on public roads. Learn it in safer places like parks or play grounds in the presence of an adult. Your knowledge of cycling is incomplete, if you do not know the preliminaries of road safety
- Keep cycle in working condition. Check brakes, tyre, air pressure, bell light and chain before you ride it.
- Obey traffic signals. While taking turns watch out for traffic and give signal by hand.
- Do not overload. Cycle is for one and maximum for two.
- Move on the left side of the road.
- Avoid overtaking. Be in single file if the road is narrow.
- No acrobatics on road, keep both hands on the handle bar.
- If available use only cycle tracks.
- Remain constantly alert on the roads.
- Wear bright clothes and have bright light at night.
- Use reflective tape on cycle.
Courtesy:- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India